EXERCISE FOR PERSONAL LETTER (GROUP DISCUSSION)

LKPD Task – Group Task

I. Read the text and the questions below, then type the answer on the word wall with your friend!

TEXT 1

Jember, January 20th, 2023


Dear Saumil,

I hope this letter finds you in the best of health and spirits.
You will be glad to know that my birthday falls on January 25th, 2023. I am going to celebrate my birthday at home with you and all of our close friends. We shall have a music program. There will be a DJ party at 7. 30 pm. I have invited all of our close friends. I hope you will also come to join us at my birthday party.
Send my best regards to uncle and aunt.

Yours sincerely,

💖

Jasmine

Answer the questions based on the text!

1. Who writes the letter?

2. What is the relationship between the sender and the receiver of the letter?

3. What is the occasion of the letter?

4. What program will the event have?

5. Where will the event take place?


II. Read the text and the questions below, then type the answer on the word wall with your friend!

TEXT 2

Perth, April 8th, 2023

Dear Mommy and Daddy,

It feels like such a long time since the last time we were together. How are you, mom and dad? Me and Rani my friend, hope home is always safe and sound. Mom, Dad, I want you to know that we are doing great here. So far the summer has been so wonderful! We spend all the weekends at the beach. We have been playing lots of sports together, like volleyball, surfing, and building a nice collection of sea shells. Just this past weekend we took second place in a sandcastle-building contest!

On the weekdays we go to work. We have several different routines, though. I drive an ice cream truck around and sell ice cream to the kids. It is so cool. It is a combination of the two things I love most, ice cream and kids. The pay isn't too great but I love the job so much. Rani my friend, is at the daycare. She really likes kids, as she always does. There she takes care of the children whose parents are working or having any other occasion so that they can't look after their child.

We hope the summer will be well for both of you too. Also, if Mom and Dad have spare time please kindly reply to us. We miss you a lot and don't worry about us being here.


Love,
💖
Dina and Rani

Answer the questions based on the text!
1. Who are they in the dialogue?
2. Where are they now?
3. What are they talking about?
4. For whom the letter was written?
5. Who wrote the letter?



Comments